16.12.08

Aug.18,2008 Cold Mountain, North Carolina

They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Sh**, it's raining!' (Cold Mountain 2003)

I just finished watching " Cold Mountain" with Nicole Kidman, Renee Zellweger,and Jude law. It's about the Civil War and this soldier(Jude Law) tries to make it back to the woman(Nicole Kidman) he loves in Cold Mountain, North Carolina.This is my second time seeing this movie. It's been years since my first time. But I remember that quote.

The first time I heard it. I said YES!! Because it's so true. Not only with what was going on in the movie,but true to real life. I get this from my Dad. The desire to find the hidden meaning in every movie. Haha.What I like about this quote from Renee Zellweger is that. We want something so badly, we may pray for it and hope, even make it happen. Sometimes it doesn't turn out to be what we expected. We become bitter, hurt or just plain upset. Sometimes even resorting to blame.Wanting and needing are so different but are often misconstrued. I know this well because I do it at times.We talk ourselves into things.....

No comments:

Post a Comment